Family Endeavors provides children opportunities to grow and learn through a variety of programs that include:
- After School Programs: Safe, quality, enriching after school programs provided to approximately 2000 elementary age children each year. Locations include schools within Northside ISD, Southwest ISD, Boerne ISD, San Antonio Christian Academy and Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children.
- Summer & Full Day Camps: Exciting and fun day camps for over 400 children each school holiday break and summer in the San Antonio area.
- Child Care & Learning Centers: Licensed centers that are developmentally focused and curriculum based.
Program Goals include:
- To provide a safe, supervised, fun experience for children
- Promote educational pursuits.
- To cultivate creativity and artistic talents.
- To give working parents peace of mind.
Daily enrichment and learning activities include the following zones:
- Manipulative & table games
- Science & math
- Homework assistance
- Bilingual Library
- Outdoor play & recreation
- Art & music
- Dramatic play
“For over 10 years, Family Endeavors has provided quality after school programs for our families and responded to the needs of the community with great care and pride. They are committees to providing a safe environment for our children while parents are at work. They are a dependable and responsive partner to work with.”
– Lydia Martinez, Director of Adult & Community Education
Northside Independent School District
“I’m very happy with these services. I’m so glad I don’t have to worry about my children at this site. My children love the staff.”
- Rhonda G., parent of After School student program participant
Program staff qualifications:
- Certified in CPR & First Aid
- Approved full criminal background check
- Trained in child safety, developmental needs and positive guidance
- Promote positive behaviors and socialization skills
- Receive minimum of 20 hours of training in child development and supervision each year
Family Endeavors provides tuition assistance to over 250 families each year, totaling approximately $250,000 in scholarships and financial assistance to low income families that qualify. For more information on tuition rates or financial assistance, please call 210.431.6466, ext. 121.
Donna Askins, Children & Youth Services Office Manager
210.431.6466, ext. 108